RCU Forums - View Single Post - which SCT for me?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 05:41 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: which SCT for me?

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

ok im lost lol

this is the most contradicting thread ive ever read

Does this mean u have realised that a cheap lowend brand SCT will never match the big brand boys in preformance & durability?
NOPE
I will be running and tuning both the sc10 and the torment. Then Ill decide.
I am sure if I went to the friday night races with my torment I wouldnt do that well with it. Not against guys with sc10/blitz/xxx who have many hours of track time.
But against my buddy, who has the same amount of track time I do, the difference between my torment as it is now (camber links and new shocks) and his box stock losi XXX is not as huge as one might think.
Right now, I think the XXX tires are the factor giving his truck the advantage. I know that CG plays a part. But the stock XXX tires are way better compond for the track than the torments (which are hard for long wear)

It would be nice to have transponders so we could compare lap times and such.

But this wednesday Ill give the torment and sc10 equal track time and let you know what I think. I dont have cash right now for new tires, so the torment and sc10 will share the torment tires. That should give me a good comparison of the chassis' themselves. both in handling and in durability. Both trucks are well used, and will share the same tires. So it should be an interesting comparison.

The sc10 is brushless, but when I get some cash I would put a brushed system in it. My buddies XXX is brushed and for our small track brushed is plenty fast. More speed on that track will just mean more crash damage...LOL.

A few places I read say the sc10 is tough. So this thread wasnt a waste, I did take that feedback into consideration before buying the sc10. Tho its low price was also a major factor.