RCU Forums - View Single Post - which SCT for me?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 06:45 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: which SCT for me?

ORIGINAL: kyleshrub

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner
Right now, I think the XXX tires are the factor giving his truck the advantage. I know that CG plays a part. But the stock XXX tires are way better compond for the track than the torments (which are hard for long wear)
Not a chance.
If you could swap tires the XXX would still be able to run rings around the ECX. Putting Ferrari tires on a Prius, you've still got a Prius.

that analogy doesnt work here. Both trucks have the same motor/esc/battery and thus power.
the difference between them is handling and not power. So tires play a much larger roll in the difference between them.
Also, Im speaking of a box stock XXX. Nothing changed, nothing tuned. I dont doubt that a well tuned XXX in the hands of a very good driver would smoke the torment. But its a box stock XXX in the hands of a driver the same skill level as myself.

Perhaps I dont mind the torment (or think its as lowly as some do) because my skill level hasnt exceeded the capabilities of the truck??? I mean, I want it to turn in alittle better and rotate the rear some, but I dont doubt that soem tires and addtional suspesnion adjustments can do that.