RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tweaking TT .40 for max performance?
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2003, 09:52 AM
DMyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tweaking TT .40 for max performance?

Ditto what Ed Smith said... practice practice practice... As for your engine... sounds like it is already plenty good and will get even better as it runs in more. My advice for your engine is to replace the rear bearing so that you will be able to get that practice. The TT40 Pro rear bearing has a nasty record of coming apart ruining the engine. Dave Shadel at Performace Specialties can fix you up for $15. Also... remove the internal spring from the throttle barrel and locktite the barrel set screw on... When the barrel falls out(it will)... the spring sometimes gets swallowed... not good. I also disassembled my muffler and JB-Welded it together real good to keep it intact when the muffler bolt breaks(it will). When the bolt breaks, get some 6-32 all-thread from McMaster Carr, drill out the holes on each end and secure with lock-nuts. None of these things change the performance one bit... but they will enhance reliability greatly which is what you need to practice a lot. Good luck and good flying!

Dan