RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official HPI E-10 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 01:51 AM
angus5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI E-10 Thread

Hey people, thought I would post and update on my E10 - I am currently running a 9T (4300KV) ezrun brushless setup on touring car slicks, I get about 3-10 runs on each diff pinion before it shears off (no longer stripping the teeth because I shimmed my diffs) but the plastic "ears" on the diff pinion that the driveshafts slide into will shear off regularly - I tried the aluminum center driveshafts but that worsened the problem so here is what I came up with.

I had heard rumors that the slash 4x4 rear diff pinions will fit, I decided to try it - well they do fit although they are 13t vs. the 15t E10 gear - this amazingly still works and meshes smoothly as long as you shim appropriately - you need to use the aluminum F/R center driveshafts and you need to dremel a slot for the drive pins in the driveshafts to slide into - don't worry, once installed the pinion bearing will hold the pin captive so it cannot come out due to centrifugal force.

I will try to post pics of this, but if done correctly I cannot see anymore stripped gear issues.