RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can I get anything decent for under $300?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:15 PM
wmh0901

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I get anything decent for under $300?

I bought a cheap ZD Racing car for $90 at Christmas and the place I bought it actually sent me two. I emailed them but never heard back so I kept it. We have had a lot of fun with these but I stripped the differential on the first day..bought a cheap part and fixed it but now one of the servos is gone. I have now spent about the same price that I paid for the car in parts to keep it running. I do have the fever and had more fun repairing them. This is a 4wd brushless Truck with lipo batteries. It is a 1/16th scale. For the money it was a great deal but cheaply built. I have read and searched as much as I can and then finally joined this forum. I am 42 years old with no kids yet....we are adopting a son and he could be here anyday. I have the 2s LIPO batteries that I would like to continue to use. I don't want to set speed records. The little ZD racer got up to 25mph...(I taped my iPhone to it with a GPS app!) That is fast enough for me but the truck does flip over a lot in the turns. I want a 1/10 scale brushless 4wd vehicle that can run the full size LIPOs that I already have. Prices are all over the place. From what I see here on this site, Traxxas seems to be the favorite but from what I understand they use a smaller battery in the smaller scale cars so I don't think the batteries I have will work. I looked at Redcat racing but they do not seemed to be a favorite becuase of durability. I want something that I can take out on Saturday morning and just have fun with. I do want to jump it and run it through the dirt without worrying about something breaking. So my question to the froum is, if you were me and had $300 to spend, what would you suggest? I don't think I can get LIPO batteries stock at that price point and that is OK. I f I can use the ones I have that would be great but not a deal breaker. I am sure this has been posted before so I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I am posting a picture of the battery that I have in case someone can recognize it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22573.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	1843319