RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can I get anything decent for under $300?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:49 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Can I get anything decent for under $300?

those lipos are pretty crummy only 30Amps max draw 1/10th scale 4wd RC's will destroy them in short order.

If you want to stay cheap could get a DF-02, do a few mods to it for durability (there's a simple cheap fork mod that strengthens it drastically) the kits like $125 throw in a cheap Hobby wing 35A Brushless combo (prolly $85), and a cheap 2.4ghz radio (unless the ZD has a 2.4ghz radio then you can probably use that) with a servo. Parts are not the most common, but can be ordered from Japan, China, or tamiyausa. Japan a few parts I needed were cheaper than tamiyausa even after shipping, and came way faster than from tamiya(hell I even got a free gundam model like 2 months later from the hobby shop as I guess I won a customer prize drawing ). That is literally one of the lowest cost 1/10th scale 4wd RC's you will find.

It can take $20 lipos (I know of one that fits good).

the traxxas 1/16ths take a weird sized battery http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-1550-2s1p.html battery fits so you can use the measurements to compare yours to that.

Also note the merv needs some work out of the box to get it to handle even remotely decent with its stock setup it was one of the worst handling RC's I've drove