RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can I get anything decent for under $300?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:50 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Can I get anything decent for under $300?

ORIGINAL: kyleshrub

Don't all RCs need work to get them ''set up properly''???
And being as the DF-02 and merv are both the same width, and roughly the same overall size and both use 1/10th scale size rims, it's rather unrealistic that you can say the merv is the only one of the two that has height/ground clearance issues or that one is that much harder to work on than the other. It just seems you're killing your own arguments.

Like I said, my whole point is that while everyone is going to have an ''opinion'' based on their own personal favorites, it's just that you then twisted it into a Min-Revo trashing post.
I don't like getting into these kinds of discussions on other forums, because they go nowhere. So the only reason I weighed in was because your post did bring the Mini-Revo to mind, because it did only because that truck so fit exactly what the original poster called for. Not looking for a fight, just trying add some rational thought to the discussion.]

[/i]Have a great day.[/i] Best of luck to you.
[/i]
ok so you say:

ORIGINAL: kyleshrub
I totally disagree with the above poster.
Bought my grandson one of thos DF-02s, and it was just about the biggest piece of junk I'd ever seen. He'd broken it twice in one day. No wonder it only cost 150 bucks. You can add all the brushless and 2.4g radios to it you want, and it's still a DF-02. You can't find tamiya parts hardly anywhere without shopping exclusively oneline.
So its fine to make a DF-02 trashing post but not point out flaws with the merv, and by pointing out flaws I in turn made a merv trashing post? And yes I said it handled like crap cause box stock it does look at vids I link at end of this post. You say the DF-02 is "the biggest piece of junk I'd ever seen", and say it broke 2 times, but can not say once what broke, or what your grandson did. And the last line is really idiotic saying "You can add all the brushless and 2.4g radios to it you want, and it's still a DF-02" NAW I thought adding that stuff turned it into a Mugen MBX6R...

I will back up my words with exp with the RC, you just said it was crap, and never stated one thing that broke when asked, also when asked what he did won't say. Honestly I doubt you even seen a DF-02 as you skirt around what supposedly broke as much as you have. I've had people argue with me but when they said why I accepted it you seem to want to start an argument with nothing to base it on.

As to why the DF-02 handles better it is longer, and the weight is better spread out so it doesn't like to flip on its lid, or scrape the wing all the time like the merv. Also the merv is a hell of a lot more complicated design wise with the laydown shocks, and pillowball suspention, if you worked on more than one RC you would learn they are not all designed equal(specially traxxas). The DF-02 uses standard 1/10th electronics also which when the mervs breaks they are quite costly.

So in the end you make an irrational statement(yes I consider it irrational as you won't go in debt to the problem that was supposedly had) then try and say you try to "add some rational thought to the discussion" that is probably the most hypocritical thing I've read in ages.

Also I don't see where it was twisted into a merv trashing post. Do you even own a merv to say what I said is wrong with it isn't? I don't think the merv is a bad RC, I also don't think its worth as much as traxxas charges for it either. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvkQuT5EXXw here a RC reviewer that has driven TONS of RC's trying to make the merv handle better, and I'll be honest I can't argue with what he says about the merv note at around 45 seconds "I spent so much time putting this thing back on its wheels it almost wasn't fun" which is exactly how I felt with it stock, and I didn't take it to any track I was just driving it on concrete and grass. I took a different path of mods though as I went center diff, and slowing it down a tad(like I said earlier still gotta get the shocks) to keep the wheels on the ground, but unlike him and his few runs I hit another issue (which I said) by my 3rd run with the o-rings they use to hold the pillow balls in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxYIXG7uO7w the full review on it skip to 8:08 if you want to hear the positives, and negatives again I can't argue with what Jang says on it. The main reason I got it was looks which he listed as a pro.