RCU Forums - View Single Post - Caldera 3.0 questions?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 12:32 PM
bbradUSMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Caldera 3.0 questions?

ORIGINAL: Dads like rc too

ORIGINAL: bbradUSMC

I will probably stick with plastic unless I break them more often than I think I will.
BTW my car seem to be getting very hot when running on only one tank. So hot that I think it is causing it to kill itself. What could cause this? I am running at the about stock setting, 2 - 2.5 turns from closed. I did not touch the low.

Turns mean nothing, just a starting point. Your running too lean if it's getting hot at the end of a tank. If you have a temp gauge, tune so your around 230 degrees. If you don't have a gauge, make sure you still have good smoke when running. Also you can try the spit test, far from perfect but it at least gives you an idea of temp. Put some spit on the head, if it takes 4-5 seconds to evaporate you should be ok. If it sizzles your too hot. Also keep in mind with the cold spell everyone is experiencing right now that as the temp drops your engine will run leaner.
So the fuel helps keep the engine cool then? I am in Hawaii, temps stay between 70-85 here lol. I will keep that in mind when Imake my way back to Texas though in a couple months. I think my buddy has a temp gun.
Also, how long should a glow plug last. I think the engine temp has a lot to do with it, but Iam burning through them very fast. What is the norm for them to last?
What do you think about an E starter? One that has the shaft attatched to it and is hand held. That pull start gets old fast. I already broke the first one and had to buy another because I pulled too hard.