RCU Forums - View Single Post - Servo extension & retract servo
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2003, 12:00 PM
sugarfoot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo extension & retract servo

I am presently attempting to build a "ultra sport 40 plus". I am going to use a Futaba T6XAS and will use S3004 servos.

The booklet of instructions state that if using a computer radio, I will need (2) 6" Servo extensions. (from Tower Hobbies, this is (HCAM2700) I checked this out and the notes from the tech dept. state that these are with JR, Hitec, and Airtronics Z style connecters. No mention of Futaba connectors.

I then went to the list of Futaba connectors and really got even more confused. I have no idea what I should be getting. Would like some advice on which one I need to obtain.

Also, I am going to use these same servos for retracts. A fellow club member who is very knowledgable stated that retracts need a retract servo in order to avoid lots of problems. But when I checked on the price of one of these jewels, I got discouraged. That's a lot of money! Would I be wrong to go ahead and use these standard servos for my retracts? I am planning on installing the Great Planes .40-size Mechanical Retracts.

Would appreciate any help on these two problems. Thank you.