RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official E-FIRESTORM thread
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 06:07 AM
Thelittlesthobo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Hi Guys,

E Firestorm user from the UK here. A lot of what posed on here (And it is a hell of a lot) seems to be based around the US market so i dont really have much to add or get involved in.

I am a total newcomer to RC and fancied a car to see if i could get my two young kids interested. The LHS (Which is pretty small and basic) suggested the Firestorm as they come with a 2yr warranty which seemed useful. Anyhow, my Brushed E firestorm is now running a 5000mah 20c 2s Lipo and a 60a EZrun brushless motor. Considering i have nowehere to race this officially then there isnt much need for anything faster. I couldnt handle it anyhow. I have access to a proper national standard tarmac race track on a daily basis before work and in the summer i can see me and the kids there of an evening. We also have a pretty beat up BMX track for bashing which gives me acess to some pretty big air time.

Considering i am a total newcome i am suprised at how addictive it is. I am already looking into changing the wheels for the summer to get something a bit grippier for the tarmac race track. I am also looking at seeing what kinda speed i can get out of the Ezrun system. I took it out the first day and on factory settings it was way to fast for me. It was on punch control 7 and it was just a wheely car. I have it on setting 1 for punch and its much happier. I presume this doesnt effect top speed just off the line punch. I have also reduced the brake settings as i didnt seem to need so much. Not sure of the setting but its pretty low.

Have you guys got any beginners type hints to get the most out of the car.

Next plan is 2 more batteries. Then me and the kids can have one each. Thinking of similar Mah but going for a bigger C rating than 20. Possibly 30 or 40..