RCU Forums - View Single Post - Share Your Thoughts....
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 06:36 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Share Your Thoughts....

ORIGINAL: toti_ducati

i have a feibao T33 which weights 44lbs and over 50 with fuel, on the ground the retracts goes up and down no problem, in flight i have to roll inverted to bring the gears up, sometimes when i try to retract the gear from straight and level i loose air as the gears hang at 45 and have to fly with gears down one remedy I did was remove the gear door covers on the gear but offcourse they dont look as pretty and i have been looking for retracts that can lift the gears in flight, I have been a good customer of dreamworks had good experience with all my dealings with them, i asked linda if there would be a good replacement for the T33 retracts and said they have none, I asked if the electrons rated for 44 lbs work for my plane and never got a reply from Linda.
While doing research i stumbled on this thread and now I understand why.

Anyway i guess my best bet would be to use the 50s as its rated for 88lbs

I'm confused! "Now you understand why" Why what??

You should have received a response from Chris from Dreamworks! He and I Discussed your questions and he composed an email response indicating that your weight was at the limits of the ER-40 series and we suggest the ER-50. We also indicated you should review the sizing specs which can be found on our website to make sure the width of the ER-50 will fit within the rail spacing on the T-33.

We are a Accessory focused company; we have personal knowledge of airframes which we have developed specific products for or have personally built. There seems to be a premise that we should know what parts fit every aircraft by every manufacturer; customers seem to be surprised when I cant provide information as to what XXXX fits in their XXX brand airframe!? It is impossible for us to know specifics on airframes we have never seen/reviewed first hand. In these cases, we will ask for specifications (measurements, weights ect) in an attempt to match a suitable product.
Please realize, I am typically the only person here to handle technical questions (although I will have Chris compose some responses when I am busy); answering anywhere from 30-75 tech emails a day. We answer every question as quickly as possible. If you don't get a response, please resend.... it may have simply been missed or not received.