RCU Forums - View Single Post - Best 1/4 Scale Lewis Gun Kit?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Flying Fox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best 1/4 Scale Lewis Gun Kit?

Mein Duff: Finally have my top center section finished so I can move onto the 1/4 scale Lewis gun
– and you’ve done an outstanding job of it! I admire the intricate details visible on your Lewis gun rail and mounting bracket, aluminum panel hinges and rivets, aldis sight, cockpit combing and even more so the cockpit appears spectacular. I’d love to see a detailed close-up shot of the cockpit and all its instrumentation. BTW – have I somehow missed a build thread on your SE5?
I decided to scratch build my own
– this seems to be the best way to go if you want full accuracy and detail isn’t it? I like your approach with the choice of aluminum for building material. How do you cut thin aluminum and brass tube to prevent it from burring at the cut edge?
I will be adding alu skins and building up all the undulating contours with alu mostly.
– I’m making my Hotchkiss with plastic tubing of various sizes and if the plastic is too thick for scale concentric rings then I’ll have to improvise with paper or thin plastic wrapped around the tube.

Looking forward to see how you finish up the lewis gun with the aluminum. And how about a nice close-up shot of that detailed cockpit!
Bri