Old 01-25-2013, 09:15 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: need help with low voltage detection on esc

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Humm that's strange, that it can do 6cell and 7 cell nimh and 2s lipo. But no 3s.

I've seen ESC that do 7cell and 2s only but never them and 7cell

Did the paper say that it can handle 8.4v max or a 7cell battery?

Because a fully charged 7.4v 2s lipo is 8.4v
Fully charged 7.2v 6 cell is 8.4v
Fully charged 8.4v 7 cell battery is 9.8v

So the ESC might not be limited that high or it thinks it's a flat 3s lipo

What ESC is it running? If its the ezrun esc turn off the low voltage detection
Its a ezrun s-10. Variant of the 35a system.
It can handle 3s, but not out of the box as the fan is powered off the ESC and will be burnt out if you run 3s. Youd have to power the fan off the rx if you want to run 3s.
Not sure why the 7cell is giving him LVC issues. Unless the LVC on the esc is defective.
Or possible, the connectors. A fualty battery or esc plug will make the esc think the battery is LV.
the LVC I'm guessing is set to 3.2v per cell(I think that is default from HW on their ESC's) if the battery is detected as a 3S(which it will be with the LVC on) 9.6 volts would be the cutoff. A 7cell NiMh battery like phax said fully charged is 9.8V any draw on a NiMh is definately going to drop it .2v so the ESC is kicking in the LVC cause more then likely its dipping below the 9.6 cutoff for 3S lipos.
thanks I missed that syco, I mean that the 8.4v battery could be 9.6 fully charged...causing the esc to see it as a 3s lipo.
I guess the only option is to turn of the lvd on the esc.
Id buy the program card tho. That $13 is well worth the frustration of trying to change settings listing and counting beeps[:'(]
no argument there I can't stand listening to the damn beeps. Don't know why redcat don't just include them with the models.