RCU Forums - View Single Post - Caldera 3.0 questions?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 09:17 AM
bbradUSMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Caldera 3.0 questions?

ORIGINAL: Dads like rc too

ORIGINAL: bbradUSMC

Makes sense. I think the combination of breaking in my engine, it was running very rich at that point, and it running too lean when I set it to ''stock'' setting, is causing my plugs to burn up. I will give it another half turn or so, run it a bt and check the temp. Yesterday I couldn't figure out why it ran all day and then wouldn't start anymore. Turned out my igniter was dead haha. Still learning.

just remember, when in doubt turn it out. It will never hurt a thing to back the needles out and see some fuel spitting from the exhaust. Now you can tune in from there. Also keep in mind when adjusting and it's running good...leave it alone. Too many times we tend to "want a little more" out of these engines. Most of the time when they're running good they're not far from running too lean. If it's running good and still smoking, just have fun with it.
Really muggy day yesterday but some how got it running ery well. got through 3 tanks and the natorious steering servo went out. Ran to the hobby shop and picked up two metal servos. Extra for next time. got it installed and she ran great. Did about 5-8 tanks and not a single problem. Lots of dounuts and found some dirt piles near the baseball field and ramped it off of those. This thing is awesome, halls but. I think I am going to get larger tires and a faster servo for the front and move this one to the throttle. Steering still seems slugish.