RCU Forums - View Single Post - Toe-in or toe-out on a warbird?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 09:26 PM
kahloq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Toe-in or toe-out on a warbird?

ORIGINAL: abufletcher

ORIGINAL: kahloq
For all the engineering crap that gets spouted and always funny to see some people cling to academics like its the next coming of Jesus.....what matters is how the actual plane responds in real life.
Especially when the engineering is taken from multi-ton full-scale aircraft.
Multi ton full scale aircraft are NOT the same and do NOT behave the same as small scale representations on the ground. People can believe whatever they want in regards to their r/c planes....I care not. What I CARE about is how MY planes behave and what makes them behave better. Toe-in has always worked better for me, so I give a rats arse about any full scale engineering garbage. The forces that act on an r/c plane do NOT translate to being the same as a real multi ton plane simply BECAUSE of the weight difference.

You dont see ANY full scale plane flying at 45oz/sq in wing loading. What you do see is how many POUNDS per square in on a full size plane. You can preach engineering crap for full size planes all you want....dont mean squat unless your flying a full size plane.

But of course, you just HAVE to be absolutely correct and no one can differ in opinion or even present real world experience thats different....if they do...well...they're just not smart enough right? Cuz they arent buying into whatever it is that YOU say?