RCU Forums - View Single Post - Changing gear ratios in Caldera 10e?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 03:01 AM
lifeismuddy
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Changing gear ratios in Caldera 10e?

ORIGINAL: wmh0901

I got my Caldera this week and clipped a tree and broke a shock and a steering arm. I superglued the parts back together and amazingly it held together through a full 30 minutes of driving. I ordered new parts but was curious as to if I should grease the differentials or the main gear spur? The main spur shipped with no lubricant and maybe this should not have any. I don't know. Any suggestions? I have noticed some wear already starting to occur. Another question I have is what is the biggest lipo battery I can get? The lipo cutoff on the esc goes to 7.4 but i want an 11 volt battery if it will take it. Any help is appreciated.
Yes tear the diffs apart n put a small amount of grease on them, this is a good time to check the play and shim if needed. Spur n pinion I would not grease as being exposed it will hold dirt n wear faster but if your noticing play here now is the time to adjust mesh. As far as 11.1 we run them on ours but you need to upgrade motor and esc fans or the extra voltage will produce so much heat the motor will not last long. Its not advisable to do 11.1 but we have had good luck so far. Honestly these are plenty fast on 7.4