RCU Forums - View Single Post - 30cc Edge 540 build
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 04:58 AM
jchorsejeff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 30cc Edge 540 build

ORIGINAL: Towers

hey guys, this is my first gasser but i have a little problem, I live in Bogotá (2600 meters above sea level) and I was concerned about the 30cc performance at this altitude. Asked around local hobby people and said this airframe with a 30cc would not give full performance, basic aerobatics and thats it. So I decided to buy a DLE 55cc for it, hoping it would give the plane the power it needs for hover and more demanding/power aerobatics.

I know that its suicidal to full power the plane (maybe on a vertical) with that engine I rarely fly full throttle on any of my planes anyway, so thats out of the warning list.

Does anyone knows someone who has mounted a 50cc on a 30cc airframe? Should I reinforce the firewall? landing gear? Any advice at all?

Thanx for any response!!!

Unfortunately I think the 55 will make the wing loading on that plane to heavy. You will be adding about 1.5lbs or more with the prop and bigger tank. There are quit a few engines available in the 35cc range. I know bemeson fly's his at high elevation and will be able to give you some ideas.

Good luck,
Jeff