RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:52 AM
harttvboy04
My Feedback: (32)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

ORIGINAL: Hobbsy

Chris, there is a big problem with fourstrokes and soft mounts, they allow fourstrokes to shake more. I have tried soft mounts several times including on this very smooth running FA .40. And as a former contributor here used to say, "it shook like a dog passing a peach pit." The shaking is not vibration but tortional impulses caused by a light engine and strong power pulses. The best cure is the most solid mount you can come up with. The 1.00 is only a shaker when the LS needle is too rich.

Sorry, the picture loader is broken again.
Hobbsy,

I appreciate your taking the time to reply. I was just about to go to the hardware store. I remember with the 1.80 that if I leaned 'the hell' out of my LSN, it would minimize the massive vibrations and allow me to fly the arplane without fear of losing parts in the air.

Is there a certain type of fuel (low nitro, high nitro, etc) that will make a difference? I am putting my 100 in a Twist .60 and do not foresee a lack of power, so I am willing to lose a few RPM for a smoother operation. I currently run Omega 10% on other glow motors I use - would this help in minizing vibes?

Chris