RCU Forums - View Single Post - BMFA Jet 'C' Test
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 10:11 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BMFA Jet 'C' Test

I don't really know what the C 'jet' is trying to achieve. The reasoning given in the literature for the test is to improve flying standards (or something like that). However, the schedule is no more difficult than the normal B(FW). I am not really sure why it isn't called the B 'Jet'. You already have to have a B(FW) to take the test and I am not convinced that flying any of the manoeuvres with a Boomerang is any harder than with a sports prop model, so it shouldn't be too much of a challenge. I would prefer to fly that schedule with my Boomerang Nano than I would trying to repeat my B with the OS61 powered Staudacher I used.

In my opinion, if they want to improve flying standards then the schedule needs to be harder (rolling circles, spins, high speed flight, outside loops etc). If the BMFA are trying to promote safety and professionalism (which is where I think their priority should be) then they should concentrate more on operating procedures and safety aspects and maybe just a simple flight to prove that an individual can operate a jet model safely.

Quote: Robrow

I see no reason why the test cannot be completed in a couple of flights if fuel duration is an issue.
That is allowed within the rules.