RCU Forums - View Single Post - WARNING AVOID NITRO PLANES!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 02:26 PM
R PILOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING AVOID NITRO PLANES!

I am a newbie to this forum but have been browsing for a while without registering. My recent experience with Nitro planes has prompted me to register to warn others. I am also curoius as to if others have had similar experiences with this company.

I have been flying an Easy Star for about a year and figured I'd upgrade to an Art-Tech Diamond 2500 motorized glider I bought from Nitro planes. I flew it once and grazed a tree with one wing which for the most part destroyed the wing. I thought no problem, I'll just order a replacement. This is where the problem begins. I call up and after being on hold for 10 minutes I finally get a rep on line so can order new wings. He tellls me that they don't sell replacement parts for this plane (I wish they would advertise this fact). He says I may want to try the company that is in China but couldn't even give me a phone number. So now I have my saved money invested in this new glider that is essentially USELESS.

I STRONGLY recommend avioding this company oin general. With that being said can anyone recommend another motorized glider that is relatively easy to fly and RTF out of the box?

Thanks you for any support and BEWARE OF NITROPLANES AND THEIR PRODUCTS.