RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Surfer
Thread: RC Surfer
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 12:50 AM
YPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

Howzit Kite........ didn't mean to spoil your day.........and No !....you did not piss me off...LOL....I'm merely sharing the SPECS of my Bro Surfer........and raising my cap to Curl's engineering compliment he passed.........although all things 'structured' are in effect engineered.

Dont quite understand that formula you have their or the exact point you are making - but - conman sense tells me 'the lighter the surfer size for size, the less centrifugal force it will generate in the turns and the easier it will be to self right itself .........when you calculate buoyancy you have to take into account the weight of the actual structure intending to be bouyant and subtract that from the buoyancy equation to realize the actual buoyancy potential.

The 10 ft wave face myth is also starting to bore me somewhat.......I wish some would rather show videos of actually ridding 10ft face........rather than talking about it.

I would even go as far as saying that the force of a particular 5 ft wave could quite easily be greater than the force of a different 10 ft wave - depending on the type of swell - ground swell or wind swell - what type of break it is - reef or sand bank......even the water temperature plays a part. We have both the ATLANTIC and INDIAN ocean to surf and I assure you.....the cold Altlantic waves knock the CRAP out of you by comparison to the INDIAN oceans waves.......

Personally IMO....at 10ft face......its time to put the ******** down and pick up ones own board for a paddle out............

Lets rather focus on SOME TECH TALK !.....when securing the hatch studs................'for any newbies'

-Fit a stopper to the drill bit at the correct depth -TO- prevent drilling to deep ( even through the board....LOL) try to have a stopper as wide in diameter as possible to ensure that the hole is drilled perpendicular to the flange surface, which will present the studs.

- Place a sliced silicon tube around the stud to set the protruding height.

- Inject the epoxy into each hole - holding it under pressure for the count of 15 seconds to ensure that it saturates into the surrounding foam.

- When you position the studs into the pre -glued holes - turn it in like you would skrew it onto a nut.

- Once the epoxy is semi set - remove the silicon slice and masking tape and clean up around the thread.

Bro ********. ...
Share the STOKE !

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56673.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	1845475   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44228.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	1845476   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv54252.jpg