RCU Forums - View Single Post - Beginner build questions
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 07:17 AM
bikerbc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Beginner build questions

When you are building your plane you can both rubber band mount your wing and bolt it on...For the first little while till you are comfortable flying it use the rubber bands then start bolting the wing on...The tail wires help a lot...You can use string, or fishing line and the little crimp on electrical connectors to make some that won't add much weight but will add a lot of strength and will cost next to nothing...I have seen a lot of broken fins on trainers...Planes are seldom completely lost unless you have a big swamp next door with tall bull rushes like we do...There is about 4 ft of water and 2 ft of mud .We lost two last summer , they went in straight down and you cant see them..You cant walk too them..Maybe if you knew exataly where they were you could fight your way to them, Depends what they were worth I guess....The rushes kinda cushioned the blow on the ones we have recovered over the years..You get them back sometimes with minimal damage.. I would say on a really expensive plane it would not hurt to have an emergency locater transmitter ELT Just like the full size do..