RCU Forums - View Single Post - Chinese airplanes!! WTF????
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:18 PM
ktmfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese airplanes!! ***????

Our hobby has changed a lot through the years.
Altough i'm not that old (38) i remember a time when i was a teen we actually built the planes we flew. And the arf's were just beginning their shy introduction in the market.My homework's been done a spoke to a few oldtimers about where to buy and mostly what to buy????
Kit's???? ***? there is almost none available!
So back to the homework again on the web i needed to find a decent high quality product! So Aeroworks came to the rescue,hangar 9, etc
And all that extensive research to not buy chinese crappy models...Cause spend less and spend twice is more expensive in the end.
So my first Aeroworks arrived at home. OMFGmade in china was written on the box.I was shocked and mostly curious about that!
So i found a video on youtube about Rocco Mariani the owner of Aeroworks explaining why his models are built in china.I came to the conclusion that we pay for what we get.
Actually when you pay more you get top quality hardware,world class carbon fiber,painted parts that could easily make Chrysler,Ford...turn red.

I will always buy American or Canadian.
Engines???? Japanese make em pretty good! And those guys have plants here in Canada and usa maybe not in the model industry but there here!! (Toyota,Subaru,Honda that i know of)
Gasser??? Desert Aircraft! the 35cc is coming! WOW.

That said i feel better