RCU Forums - View Single Post - beginner for Heli
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 07:21 AM
ATVAlliance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: beginner for Heli

ORIGINAL: sunnytks

Dear all,
I am new in RC heli and i am targeting Align Trex 500 and want to upgrade their servos and batteries. Do you guys have any suggestions and where i can find a good combodeal online.
thanks,
Sunny

If you are new there will be absolutely nothing wrong with going with the Align branded servos that come in the super combo. I wouldnt waste money on upgrading that until you are ready for 3D, and even then the stock servos would probably suffice unless your skills are PRO level.

If I were you, I would spend that money on spare parts..or even rebuild kits for the stock servos or at the very least to buy extra packs, which even cheap packs arent that cheap.

I dont know what battery comes with the super combo (5 or 6 cells) but I run my 500 with Blue Lipo brand (cheap) 5 cells and it performs fine for my skill level. I have heard of people running their 500's on 6 cells...but like I said...at my skill level 5 cells give me plenty of power to do the flying that I do. Plus I run 4000mah packs which give me a really good flight time compared to a smaller mah 6 cell pack I would assume.