RCU Forums - View Single Post - My Pattern Hero
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:17 AM
eness76-RCU
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Pattern Hero

I have 2;

Number 1 is definitely my Dad. He had me go straight from a Sig Kommander to a Skyglas Daddy Rabbit at age 8 and from there to a Tiporare, and I don't even remember having to ask. He was (and is) always there to help me along. I was interested in airplanes and pattern flying from my earliest memories. Seeing all of his trophies and plaques, and I wanted to be just like him. Having kids myself now, I know how hectic it can be sometimes having them at the flying field with you, and he always encouraged us, but never forced. For that I'm eternally grateful.

A close number 2 is my brother. He took pattern flying to another level for my family, he won everywhere we went and learned much about setup and trimming along the way that I continue to learn from him today. He has a real knack for taking your airplane when you think it's as good as you can get it, and getting it "just that much better", and that's the little bit that really makes a difference. A very bright guy and a whale of a flier, and I'm proud to call him brother, and honored to be his "teammate".