RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS 65AX ABL "rust" issue
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 05:53 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: OS 65AX ABL

ORIGINAL: buzzard bait

I have a couple questions about Pe's suggestion. What is ''cleaning naptha''? Where would I get it and what would it be called?

Will a glow engine actually run on a 50:50 mix of cleaning naptha and ARO? I suppose you leave the glow plug battery connected.

This sounds like a good way to maintain the OS alpha four strokes that have no breather nipple. I know some people drill a hole and install one, but I'm not going to do that. Running the engine at the end of the day with Pe's mixture is something I would be willing to do.

Thanks,

Jim
you are willing to fill your tank up with a different fuel and then run the engine out every day instead of taking a few minutes to install a nipple and not have to mess with it lol.

Fs one"i have been running cool power synthetic fuel for 11yrs have never had a problem with bearings in any of my O.Sengines from .46 up to 160FXs.i use marvel mystery oil after every engine run never had a rust problem! where the engine has not run properly.All engines will have a slight bit of rust on the inside take off backplate and check it.Castor in fuel will make no difference.Most problems are pilot error running engines to lean.Learn how to break in an engine properly and don't run the engine lean.Also make sure you have proper cooling of air going over the engine as well.When you use after run load the engine up make sure there is enough in the engine. "

That is such a pain in the *****. why do we have to go to such lengths to make sure our engines last? The BEARING MFG's are using substandard metals and we have to pay for it. how much is it a pain in the butt to fill the engine up with oil, keep the oil in the engine while transporting the plane home and then get to the field only to have to remove all the oil and then take for ever to start the engine.

Bottom line is OS and others still want to make a profit, the suppliers of the parts and metal to OS want to make a profit also. Someone is cutting corners. Now if it isnt the engine MFG's its the Fuel MFG's that are cutting corners to make a profit. If you notice fuel hasnt really gone up that much in the last 10-15 years. A good deal on 15% fuel 15 years ago was 10 dollars most of the time it was 12-13 dollars a gallon. it now only 15-17 a gallon at the LHS