RCU Forums - View Single Post - Stolen Jet-Reward offered
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 06:30 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Stolen Jet-Reward offered

ORIGINAL: warbirdfanatic

I'm quite glad the Mods haven't closed this thread yet, I believe as long as it is kept polite etc then it can be resolved.

The main concerns are trust here, a man felt it was safe to send a $4k plane on the proviso that the payment would be made. In the UK we're a little bit tighter with our money and large transactions we usually say 50% payment first and 50% upon delivery. The buyer is definately worming out of this and I don't feel it's necessary for people to be vouching for a class of character as 3 months is purely unacceptable. No excuses gents, $4k in this day and age is a large sum of money to people. If civil enforcement is involved this can get very expensive for Freddy so I would take this whole thread as a hint that the money needs to be sent (unless he's since spanked the money on other items). The jet needs to be returned to a neutral party who will hold it until the mess has been cleared up. If Freddy cannot prove the money was sent / cleared then it needs to be returned.

At the end of the day, you don't just wonder into an Apple store and take a new iMac or Macbook Pro and tell them you're going to pay for it later, this is not how consumerism works is it?

If you were to take out a finance plan and you defaulted on your payments then the bailiffs will be knocking at your door so under no reasons should Freddy be treated any differently. Period.
Since this has been a problem for some time one would question why the purchaser is flying this jet and video taping it as if nothing is going on. That would bother me and certainly most of us have no clue as to everything that has went on in this matter. I for one would make sure the seller and I come to some agreements on this. Even money orders have receipts!