RCU Forums - View Single Post - Giant Sweet and low stik
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Cobra1
My Feedback: (42)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Giant Sweet and low stik

I finished my Giant Sweet-n-Low Stick about 7 years ago. It was built from Midwest plans. Back in the 80's this was one of the largest aircraft seen anywhere. Today it looks just about average size. I took some liberties with the plans and changed the tail section to look more conventional and added flaps so I could program in the CROW effect. I also increased the size of the ailerons and flaps. I moved the wing servos out in the wing, the plans had torque rods, and I put the other servos in the tail like most modern aircraft to help with balance of a heavy engine. The landing gear is a hand-me-down from a 50cc size Edge and the wheels are a little big, but I think it looks pretty good.

At first i installed my old Saito 270 twin that I purchased back around 1985. With this engine it weighed in at a hefty 18 pounds dry but with around 1800 sq. in. of wing area, it flew really good but i ended up putting a G62 on it as i wanted more power and cheaper fuel. Flying with the CROW for speed brakes is a hoot. I can go real high above the end of the runway, cut to idle and deploy CROW, it comes straight down but does not pick up speed. About 30 feet above the ground I can level out and land with hardly any rollout. It is visually exciting.

Any way, I will follow the thread to see how yours turns out and what it weighs. Here is a pic with the twin installed.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53793.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	273.1 KB
ID:	1847277