RCU Forums - View Single Post - 50CC REVOLVER!!
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 04:17 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 50CC REVOLVER!!

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

On Saturday morning I had 5 box's to open, including the Revolver 50cc. There was no damage to the outside of the shipping box so I assumed there would be none inside. But the damage I found was not from shipping, it was packaged that way. there was a strike on the lower left hand side just bening the landing gear. The monocote was torn and a stringer was cracked. Also some damage to the balsa sheeting foarming the rounded bottom side of the fuse. When I went to make the repair I noticed some CA residue, indicating an attempt was made to repair it. Also near the rudder servo tray on the bottom of the fuse another repair was made and filled with glue.
Not wanting to wait for a replacement I went ahead and made the repair and pactched the monocoat. But I will be calling Tower to let them know. They must be under treamendous pressure to fill orders or something to let this out. Otherwise I dont know how they can have such perfect work and finish, but send out patched up stuff like this.

I also ordered the midwest Aero Stand from Tower. What a piece of junk! For $105 I would have thought it would be some what well put together, but I was wrong. The tubeing is strong enough, but the designe is poor. The two sides are identical, so when they are put together the entire thing has a twist in it. I dont like it at all and I will most likely get rid of it and build something my self.
I may be wrong, yet I don't think Tower would ever see what is inside the box from Great Planes. In other words that repair was made at the factory before the plane was boxed and shipped to Tower. Others may know more about this procedure. I just think Tower has boxes and ship that to you and nothing more.

For me I would have called Great Planes and got a replacement fuselage shipped to me, however I do understand repairing it so you can get the plane ready to fly and depending on the circumstances I may have done the same thing. I normally will take photos and send them to GP support and discuss with them.

Here lately it seems that GP quality control has fallen off some and is most disturbing and especially this issue you are having with their latest Revolver fresh on the market? If I were you I would still call Great Planes as Tower may not discuss the issue at all with GP - just a thought. Please take it for whatever it is worth to you.

I hope you enjoy flying the Revolver as there are so many good things stated about it. Happy flying!