RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat 1/6 scale shredder series?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 01:28 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Redcat 1/6 scale shredder series?

ORIGINAL: Microz

Ah okay cool thanks. I would definitely not be taking them off big jumps; more of bike ramps and then taking them down to the track. So does this mean the 1/6 scales should be good since I am going to guess, the 1/8 scales are good?

BTW, how was the gasser? I am thinking of MAYBE the 1/5 scale redcat rampage XB gasser in the future, but I would hate it to be as much a pain as nitro.
the gasser was cool....till i ran on a track along side a redcat rampage MT. That thing smoked my baja. Between the larger 30cc motor and the 4wd it was faster and totally out handled the baja.
The XT and XB are lighter than the MT, but still hold up pretty well. Most owners end up upgrading the servo/radio. But other than that I havent heard of many issues.
And you can get some cool deals on them, with upgrades and 1/5 scale RC stand included

Gassers are super easy to tune. And you basically tune them once, and then dont mess with tuning the rest of the year!

Nitros require alot of cleaning. The gassers do in that they are large, but its not as bad IMO as a nitro because there is not as much spray from the exhaust or spilt fuel to attract dirt. and even if you do spill some, its easier to clean gas than nitro fuel.