RCU Forums - View Single Post - 50CC REVOLVER!!
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 04:51 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 50CC REVOLVER!!

On a different subject I did reinforce the LG block of this Revolver 50cc. I have done this on my other 3 Revolvers and it works! Too keep the LG from shearing off when landing in tall grass or hitting a small object in the grass, I would suggest this. I have the Revolver 59 electric, a 70 nitro, and a 70 20cc. On two others I have sheared off the LG block until I figured out how to reinforce it properly.
Now I did see how GP pined this block in the 50cc, but in my opionion they missed the point. The pines are really in the triangle stock that the block is glued to. Not really much help if you ask me.
The way I have reinforced my LG block is to tie the leading edge of the block to the firewall a little better by applying a 1/16 ply to the firewall and pin and screw it all together with apoxy, making sure the block is pinned.
But on the 50cc the cowl ring does get in the way. So I used a wood chissle to take a 1/16th off the firewall and apply the ply with apoxy and pins and screws. The finish is flush with the firewall and a lot of strength is added to prevent only the shearing of the LG.
I will also cut a metal strip to tie the two piece gear together. A heavy bounce can generate enough force to break the LG block into two pieces. This has happen to me twice already, but not once since I added this strip to the LG.
I really dont like the two piece gear and I have suggested replacing this to GP last year.

Here are some photo's of what I did to this 50cc Revolver.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm35141.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1847685   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96220.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	1847686