RCU Forums - View Single Post - HPI have got to be kidding...a rear wheel drive touring car!?
Old 02-06-2013, 10:46 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: HPI have got to be kidding...a rear wheel drive touring car!?

ORIGINAL: Argess

It may have front suspension as it looks like some type of rearward facing a-arm is installed forward of each front wheel. Plus, those circular parts just inboard of the wheels may be spring retainers.

As mentioned above, the whole rear section may be hinged just forward of the motor, but I can't tell from the picture.

Perhaps everyone expects too much and this is merely a $69 special aimed at very young members of the junior public.

By the way, I'm not terribly famialiar with electric vehicles, but isn't that a brushed motor? I see only two wires going to it. If so, that would also make it a fairly cheap ''toy'', would it not?
where do you see the price? Please link.

If that is the price, then maybe not to bad. Still, got get newbs into the hobby with such a car isnt good. Yes, the electronics are fine, but getting newbs into the hobby with a car that will handle like crap isnt the best start.
Its not that a pan car cant be fun to drive, but it take far greater skill than a 4wd car. Especially if its on a unprepared paved surface.