RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA emails on Drones/Right to Fly
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 03:23 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: AMA emails on Drones/Right to Fly

ORIGINAL: cfircav8r

The answer is not to ban the tool but instead actually punish those that would abuse it. The use of drones can have great benefits from providing cell coverage in remote areas, and cheaper/better coverage all over, to search and rescue, and a multitude of other uses that will have absolutely nothing to do with police or military applications. As with any other tool it can be missused even by those sworn to protect our rights.
I'm all for their use in search and rescue. That would be their most noble use that I can think of.
We already have manned helicopters to asist law enforcement, but they have obvious limitations.
Drones are obviously seen as a tool to enable "good" to rule over "evil" by those who we pay to protect our right to live in a peaceful society.
That said, I would rather see the emphasis placed on eliminating the "evil element" that has spawned to ruin several parts of what we used to take for granted as "American Culture".
That same culture does not exist anymore. Ask yourselves why. What lead up to the change?
Many here aren't old enough to know what I'm talking about, because they were born into a less friendly, less neighborly and less civil environment.