RCU Forums - View Single Post - Telemetry Flame-out Detector for Twin Turbines .. for less than $5
Old 02-08-2013, 10:27 AM
stevekott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Telemetry Flame-out Detector for Twin Turbines .. for less than $5

ORIGINAL: fifou313

Hello
Great system but How can we do that with the last generation of engine which have internal kero valve? (As the Jetcat RX series?)
Thanks for your help.
regards.
Fifou
You are in luck, the first time I ever used this concept was for a low fuel indicator on my P-140RX. Even though the solenoids are now in the turbine the new ECU still has a smoker port.

Sidenote: For those of you that don't have smoker ports and want to use the +5V for the fuel pump as the trigger we might need to add a little something to the circuit. The coil of the dead turbines fuel solenoid is going to act like a resistor to ground and will change the output voltage signal. We might need to add a small relay or diode to check that. If a lot of you want to do that let me know and I will test a versrion that uses the fuel solenoid outputs.

For you guys that are nervous about using the smoker port as a voltage source, ironically I came across this on the Jetcat German website.

jetcat.de/zubehoer/index.htm

At the bottom of the page it shows a super-bright LED that you can use to signal a low fuel alarm via the "Smoker Port". That would again draw hundred of times more current than the voltage indicator.