RCU Forums - View Single Post - Telemetry Flame-out Detector for Twin Turbines .. for less than $5
Old 02-09-2013, 03:57 PM
stevekott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Telemetry Flame-out Detector for Twin Turbines .. for less than $5

Hey Modelmancan,

I'm not sure if the Spektrum telemetry allows you to have more than one external voltage sensor. If so you are home free.

I think we found that the easiest way to signal if the turbine is running is to monitor the Fuel solenoid or Smoker solenoid output. Temp is also a good way but then you need to figure a way to mount a temp sensor somewhere where it will survive the jet blast but it would certainly be a good alternative to using the single voltage input port. With Futaba there is an additional voltage sensor coming out and you can use up to 30 of them bet it is not yet available. On the Futaba it actually speaks the output voltage so one it alarms you can tell which motor is out by what it is saying.

I'm not sure which twin you are building but we've had some great input on the earlier mentioned forums on what to expect. With some planes much worse than others. Things to avoid getting slow with high power, keeping the angle of attack low and mixing or trimming rudder away from the dead turbine and avoid turns into the dead turbine. Perhaps landing a little hot without flaps. It sounds like it is very much model dependent.

Let us know if you come up with something for Spektrum that works. I'm sure that many would be interested Thanks!