RCU Forums - View Single Post - Byron Corsair Build
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Fly2XS
My Feedback: (65)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Byron Corsair Build

ORIGINAL: ColeTrane

I just picked up a built orig Byron Corsair for little bit of nothing, the old man whom I purcahsed it from was the orig owner and did a SUPERB job many many moons ago. He wasnt confident when it was built, but thought it was early 90's. Its powered with a Sach 4.2 on a Byron tube mount, but it does not have the ''Purr-Pwr'' setup either. To the guys that have/had the Sach's engine, are they reliable? Parts avail? Mine still has the orig CH mech advance ign setup...has anyone upgraded the Sach 4.2 to a auto-advance(current) CH ignition? Ill post pics tonight, but minus batts,prop its sitting at 22lbs...
Nice!
I bought a second Byron Corsair that had the same set-up. It was clear that several people had owned it but all were too intimidated to get it to fly. I pulled the engine and removed the Byron's Powr Prop (too hard to get new blades) and sent it to C&H for a prop hub conversion and an electronic ignition conversion. They ran it up and it works great! I need to finish updating the airframe (lose the Futaba S148 servos on the ailerons!), rehinge the flaps and put a spar in the horizontal stab before its ready to fly.

Scott