View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 08:23 PM
ColeTrane
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Byron Corsair Build

ORIGINAL: Fly2XS

Nice!
I bought a second Byron Corsair that had the same set-up. It was clear that several people had owned it but all were too intimidated to get it to fly. I pulled the engine and removed the Byron's Powr Prop (too hard to get new blades) and sent it to C&H for a prop hub conversion and an electronic ignition conversion. They ran it up and it works great! I need to finish updating the airframe (lose the Futaba S148 servos on the ailerons!), rehinge the flaps and put a spar in the horizontal stab before its ready to fly.

Scott
Wow, 2 Byrons?! Awesome! Yea the 3-blade prop that he gave me dosnt look too solid of a peice. I mean the hub looks great, but blades themselves appear too flimsy. Im beginning to wonder if I should pull the Sach's and send it to CH for an update. I read your post about the lack of a aft stab spar.....I will make sure mine has something back there!

ORIGINAL: warbird_1

sachs had a good setup for it's day . the throttle coupled spark advance was nice because it made the engine tune able and let it start easy. but they do now have a new setup. which i'm sure is the way to go.
Thanks for the info bud....I have no issue flying it with the mech advance setup, but Id sure feel a bit better if the ign box was at least opened up and tested. Is the Sach 4.2 heavy in comparison to a late model 70cc single? Power wise?