RCU Forums - View Single Post - Telemetry Flame-out Detector for Twin Turbines .. for less than $5
Old 02-11-2013, 02:19 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Telemetry Flame-out Detector for Twin Turbines .. for less than $5

Hi Steve

I Had a chance this weekend to play with my Spectrum telemetry TM1000 module and a Wren 160 on the bench with promising results.
I am using a std "Y" lead between the fuel valve and ECU and a std servo plug fitted to the voltage sensor lead on the TM1000.
I set the TX alarm to go off at > 1v ,To see if it all worked I used the fuel valve test function from the GSU
With the valve open the display on the telemetry screen showed 5.4v, when closed 0v and the alarm sounded immediately, success!

I have had turbine airframes that are very quite particularly when cruising or flying with IC aircraft, you cant hear a dead turbine until sometimes its a bit late.
This very simple setup I'm sure would be a useful dead stick warning for any single turbine airframe but for a twin we need that second alarm.
As I don't have the facility to monitor a second voltage on the Specy setup I will experiment with the temp sensor and let you all know how I get on.
Regards Mark V