RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX18 Yes or No need advise please!
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 09:22 AM
madmodelman

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: DX18 Yes or No need advise please!

I strongly advise AGAINST messing with the data on your SD card referring to Tony's three click trim mod suggestion, Tony, this is not a dig against you but just the story of what happened to me this afternoon.

I meticulously altered the SD file on my Viperjet to give it a try.

On Tx power up everything appeared to work fine, sure enough I had just the three clicks.

On rx power up to my horror it had gone out of bind and I rebound it.

From that point I had no throttle, the ecu just refused to operate and my initial thought was that I would have to reteach the ecu.

I then found that although the throttle and trim movements were shown correctly on the normal flying screen when I looked in both the monitor and servo setup screen monitor the tx was not responding, zero movement.

At that moment I started to panic and did a model change to check, the very same thing was happening on all my models, no throttle response.

I then did the sensible thing and put the SD card back to how it was originally, copied back to the tx model, powered up the tx and low and behold I still had no throttle channel output.

I then realised I was in a pile of trouble, I had visions of pm'ing Tony, sending the tx back to Horizon, probably having to pay them as I had been messing about and the very worst scenario losing all my model settings and grounding the whole fleet (20 models).

Suddenly I'd lost the bind again, after rebinding back to the same scenario, no throttle. I then in desperation switched the tx off and back on, the ecu beeped and everything was normal again, to say I was relieved is a massive understatement.

I must have done the mods correctly as otherwise it would still not be working correctly now, it looks as if the software took a jolt and did not like it.

The moral to this story is :- YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! If you want to mess/modify software you could get into a whole bucketload of trouble, my advice, leave well alone!

Good luck,

Gary.