RCU Forums - View Single Post - HPI have got to be kidding...a rear wheel drive touring car!?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: HPI have got to be kidding...a rear wheel drive touring car!?

ORIGINAL: OvalRacer99

I don't know what all this fuss is about. It looks like HPI is dabeling into the beginer World GT class.
Yes, WGT is rear wheel drive pan cars with direct drive. Same size as a touring car. You all must remember, not everyone that wants to play RC
has an unlimited budget, so sometimes we need to start off with something less expensive and work up to a full blown race rig.
A full WGT race set up can put a guy back $500 plus. So I see nothing wrong with HPI offering up a less costly alternitave.

P.S. Don't like it, don't buy one, but why do you feel the need to discourage someone just because you don't like it?
If you're right, then I have no argument, unfortunately available evidence doesn't support this hypothesis (that they are entering a new racing class or dabbling in one or breaking into one). Also, I'm not bashing it cos 'I don't like it', I have no feelings either way about it, it's not aimed at me at all. I question its value to the hobby and wonder what HPI believes this adds to their portfolio. Lastly, we don't even know if it will be cheap yet, cheap hasn't been HPI's style lately.

We'll see...