RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX18 Yes or No need advise please!
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DX18 Yes or No need advise please!

Here's the conversation I had with a Spektrum software dev guy before I played with it. The bottom message is the first in the series. You guys can make your own conclusions.

AndyKunz

There's a lot to play with in the SPM file. Have fun!

Andy

Dr Honda

Thanks for the info Andy,

I was looking it over, and figured the Trim Index 0 was the throttle. And... that a step of 1, with a step size of 255 can give me the 3 step trim feature I was looking for. (For the turbine engines)

The reason I asked about values greater than 255 was I noticed the true value of either of the available menu settings wound up being 300. BUT... I've played with enough microcontrolers to know that a value higher than FF could cause issues.

Anyway... at 255... I'm getting ~95% of the trim travel... and it should be fine for a turbine ECU.

But... I guess I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know. (lol)

Thanks again.

AndyKunz

Hi Tony,

The SPM files are just text files which we use to relay the configuration between radios. It won't void the warranty, it's just a config file.

Some numbers will be range-limited and 255 may overflow. It will either be interpreted as modulo 256, or give you an error on the screen.

We haven't figured out a way for an SPM file to completely brick a radio. It may not operate properly, but it won't brick it.

Have fun playing!

Andy

Dr Honda

Hi Andy,

I know you can't give out any real info... but I do need to ask one thing.

If someone wanted to manually adjust the model (SPM) file for a DX18... will that void the warranty?

If it won't void it... can I ask one more question?

Will a value greater than 255 cause an overflow? (Just assuming that is't a value higher than FF)

Sorry to bother you, but it's nice to have a direct resource like you.

Regards

Tony