Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: OMG, this ticks me off

ORIGINAL: rgburrill

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Yes, this irks me to my bones as well. Someone should tell him:

1) The hobby store employee lied through his teeth in order to sell a new engine or a new vehicle, or, the hobby store employee has no idea about engines.
2) It is highly unlikely that the engine is 'blown' (whatever the hell that means, epic terminology fail by the store keeper), a 'blown' engine needs replacement of the piston rings...these engines don't have piston rings.
3) Redcat will warranty the faulty motor and the second one is unlikely to have a problem, IF the first motor is even faulty, which is unlikely.

Do we know which hobby shop this is? Sounds like one to steer clear of. Name and shame please.
I would guess this
when I 1st started nitro I went to a hobby shop they told me a whole pile of things majority of which were false. Turns out the guy never touched a nitro engine, and didn't have the slightest idea outside things he read online about them(which was less than what I read at the time)...
I'll be honest out of the 2 hobby shops I've been to, and the 10-12 employees I've seen between the 2 I've only met ONE that knew his thing on nitro, as that was all he owned, but the hobby shop let him go The rest are electric guys that read stuff on nitro, but not used one themselves. As we have seen in the past on these forums(I still loved the one post where a guy said you needed timing electronics that failed often for a spark plug on nitro as he read it somewhere else and honestly believed it ) those kind of people are terrible to get nitro info from.
it amazes me how often I find unqualified people doing different jobs.
I had a car salesman tell me my bad credit wouldnt prevent me from getting a lease. After I filled out all the paper work he came back and said he was sorry ''the credit cuttoff is 750 or higher'' ***

I had a realiter show me a house I liked. I put in an offer. The next day she told me ''sorry, the home is a modular and that modular houses dont qualify for a rural developement loan (she new we needed that type of loan, as it requries no money down)
How did she show us a home that we couldnt get with the type of loan she knew we would use???

Hobby shops shouldnt employ someone who hasnt had at least a couple of years exp working on models. An employee doesnt need to know every thing about the hobby, but should have the basic knowledge acquired from a few years of working on rc's. And lets face it, if you open a hobby shop it shouldnt be that hard to find someone who has that knowledge and is willing to work at a hobby shop. Id work at one in a heartbeat!

Foxy nailed it....he used the wrong term ''blown engine''. He didnt think to say to the guy ''you should contact Redcat and see what their warrenty is'' and I highly doubt they even opened the motor up.

Multiple posters in the redcat forum have told the guy to pick up his model and what to try to get it running...and that is extremely unlikely that the motor is damaged in anyway.
I told him that once he gets it running, he should take it to that hobby shops' parking lot, run it around for awhile....then take it inside and comment on how this ''blown'' motor has tons of power
I blame HR departments in most places for that... As HR people generally are morons that just look for impressive sounding words not knowing what they are looking at. I've worked in multiple places where HR hired people that had no idea on the job cause they lied like hell on the resume, and just could use catch phrases to BS through.
One place I applied I was overqualified they said I was under qualified. Dunno how I was under qualified for a entry level position...

Funniest one this week my sister is trying to transfer stores as the other store manager wants her for a supervisor job(as the last one was fired for something) at the chain she works for, corprate HR forcedg her to reapply to that store through the online crap, and she had to take some stupid online test. She was turned down due to being labeled under qualified(due to the test of all things) even though at her current store she was employee of the month a few times lol.

The world would work 9000% better if there were 2 less things on it. Lawyers, and HR people...
HR department? What LHS has an HR department? The person doing the hiring and firing is either the owner or manager.

Oh well, at least I got t make this tread even longer [img][/img]
well he said finding under qualified people doing various jobs, and used an example of a car salesman so that wasn't about hobby shops at all