RCU Forums - View Single Post - Please help, was told electric was a good way to go for a beginner
Old 02-14-2013, 04:05 AM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Please help, was told electric was a good way to go for a beginner

ORIGINAL: kinslayer1973

Thank you for all the help. I'm going to try the calibration again. Hopefully it works, but if not I will just upgrade all the electronics on both my trucks. Somebody mentioned the possibility that I'm not charging my battery correctly. I have the stock charger so there really isnt any indicator that I can find to show when its fully charged. The three hours I went by was suggested by the hobby dealer, but then again he is also the one that said I could put the 5800 lipo battery in my groundpounder with no problem. If the battery is under charged on the first time is that battery going to be short lived from now on. I heard that the nimhd battery has a memory for that.
You can probably get a better answer from Nitrosports since he's all about the electric stuff, but I thought it took 6-8 hours to charge the stock battery with the stock wall charger. It's just one of those things that almost has to replaced right away. You can pick up a decent charger for less than around $40 that will charge your battery in an hour.