RCU Forums - View Single Post - formula offroad, Mkll twin build, pic heavy
Old 02-14-2013, 09:08 AM
mooman007uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: formula offroad, Mkll twin build, pic heavy

rear jack shaft done, brake discs will mount on the square nut...shaft is 2 piece

got the front driveshaft done

cut and turned down a hurrax cvd and cut the end off a rampage drive cup...just need to weld it all up now

with the driveshaft sorted time to tackle the front four link...takes bleedin ages making all the brackets the same both sides and then making them fit symetrically,...much grinding and filing and a bazillion measure and remeasures later

just the front bottom brackets on the axle to do and then can start on the back.
you have to stay 4 steps ahead all the time making sure things are going to work, how much space they need etc, so half the day is figuring stuff and half making parts...tank goes out back, servos, batt and brake setup goes in the passenger side, hpi filters will stick straight out the side off the carbs, last was pipes. was going to mod pocket bike exhausts but figured to get the most from obr full mods vrc pro is the only way to go...i've made them fit in all sorts of strange spaces before....looked down at the 5b sidepipe on my nutech and looked too easy....mocked it up with a toxyc manifold, will fit perfect stacked on top each other, so got another one coming, a bit of manifold modding on the second pipe is all i need to do...pics give you and idea...