RCU Forums - View Single Post - ***CUB BROTHERHOOD***
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 01:05 PM
stevegauth30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ***CUB BROTHERHOOD***

Ok guys. So here is my cub story that I thought some of you cub lovers will enjoy. I haven't really been flying for a life time like some of you guys, I'm only a few years in. My first ever rc plane was the hobbyzone rtf champ. The little foam job. It suited me well at first, but quickly out grew it. One thing I always loved was its slow flight characteristics and just the looks of it. My next plane was a used SIG Astro hog. Not really the proper sequence of learning, but I had to have it. Well, I actually did alright, seeing that after a year, I sold it for more than I paid for it. Any way, back on track. I've always really wanted a cub, but never actually got one until recently. I finished the build in descent time and bought a saito 40 , a set o f floats, and a set of skis. I maidened it yesterday without many issues. The saito ran great, the plane was quite close to balanced , so that went well for a maiden. I brought it home and worked all of the bugs out. This morning, the weather in Connecticut was beautiful for a change, so I decided to go flying instead of to work, like usual. Being that we just got like three feet of snow dumped on us, I put the skis on. The cub took off beautifully, with no trim needed. I felt like I did only 4 or 5 short years ago wi th that little champ, which by the way, my 5 year old is now learning on. I came in for probably 15 or 20 touch and go's, and some of the most perfect landings of me flying life. I just can't get over how much fun I had with it this morning. One thing I know for sure is I am now a cub lover, and I want a bigger one. Any way, thanks for listening. Steve