RCU Forums - View Single Post - Favorite/Least Favorite thing to wrench
Old 02-15-2013, 05:36 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Favorite/Least Favorite thing to wrench

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

I agree ''DadsLikeRCToo'' (my favorite handle, BTW). I find this hobby VERY theraputic. I can burn 3-4 hours in nothing flat jacking with my rc cars.

Just to be clear to everyone, as the OP, the question was not ''Do you like or hate to wrench?''. The assumption was those who answered are the type - like me - who LOVE to work on their vehicles. As with anything you love, there are things you like better than others on things you love. ;-)

I've really enjoyed the responses. This weekend, I get to do one of the things I LOVE (and some people dislike) and that is paint/cut a new shell. One of my friends at the track actually LOVES gluing tires (I don't)....and he offered to do a set for me. Makes me so proud to be in this hobby. Whether it is nitro/electric/surface/air/water .... it's one of those things you either ''get'' or you don't. ;-)

Thanks!
Ok, I get it so I'll play along. Obviously there has to be something you like less than other things. For me I guess it's like John said...the diffs. I love working on them, just some of them can be such a pain to get to. Once your in there I love setting them up or tuning them with different fluids.

I also agree that you can just burn up some time without realizing it. I tore down a new rtr for a friend two weeks ago. I started at around 9:30 pm and before I knew it , it was 1am when I was done shimming and loc-tighting. Then I broke it in for 6 tanks over the weekend. Wife not very happy...oh well!