RCU Forums - View Single Post - BUD NOSEN 1/4 scale CITABRIA BUILD COMPLETION
Old 02-16-2013, 09:45 AM
mstcitabria73
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BUD NOSEN 1/4 scale CITABRIA BUILD COMPLETION

ORIGINAL: sebo

Thanks for the compliments.........I used the blocks on the citabria...........You can hollow them out to reduce the weight, or go to the hobby shop and get some really light balsa blocks.
I buy balsa blocks when the ones that are supplied with the kit are too heavy for my satisfaction......
I hollow out really light balsa blocks and harden the outside with thin CA to prevent possible scuffing should I ding a wing tip on landing or take off........this really works .... I haven't dinged a wing tip since I started hardening them......Must be a mental thing.

Enjoy the build........I've been flying a lot and had 3 planes in need of minor repair. ... Landing gear on 2 of them....did that this week...
I have a Nosen 40 size Citabria that I need to get into the air.......been sitting around for over 4 years. I have too many planes but I just keep on building them.
I like to build..........
sebo,
not worried about the weight of the balsa blocks as much as the AOA on the wingtips, looks like the wingtips could be done up better using another rib to replicate the full scale wingtips, considering copyingthe washout on my Midwest Citabria
wingtips on the BN Citabria, the center wing stalls out before the wingtips, notip stalls low and slow......