RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX18 Yes or No need advise please!
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 12:06 PM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: DX18 Yes or No need advise please!

With the original V1.0 software the first DX18 came out with here in the UK they were set to EU-347 and should have been ok
V.01 set them to US-247 by mistake giving them a "HIGHER" than legal in the UK power output.
Only with the V1.2 that we were asked to upgrade to was the output reverted to the lower EU-347 level, it also fixed an issue with the trainer function.

In any case which ever way round they were originally set alow output would like yourself be found when ground checks are carried out and nobody would try to fly in this condition.
Low output would of course result in a lesser available range, resulting in a potential "hold" situation at distace or dificult situations and the Rx going to fail safe with throttle reverting to low, a very recognisable situation.

What I experienced with my DX18 on all three occasions was a wild "Glitch" or sudden sporadic aerobatics with the throttle being left to a high setting leaving me out of the loop.

In fact the offending DX18 TX I owned had a range in its test mode before and after the crashes well in excess of 100 paces to a point were I could have flown most models in range check mode!
Also in two out of the three incident's it had the airframe was in a favourable positions andfairly close.

We should should be on V1.3 now but its not completely clear what exactly they have over looked or found and what is being updated.

As an instance,in theDX8 version before last, its software on the flap to elevator compensation setting would glitch twice the set amount in the opposite direction with flap switch but just for just a second! Now 2 versions along if you set the flap further than "199" it reverses!, these would not cause a crash as there found wile programing the airframe, its the ones we don't find that worry me.

Its well known that certain software giants use end users tofind bugs in there computer operating systems that may cause a computer to slow or freeze but I don't like Tx software to do the same.