RCU Forums - View Single Post - How to charge NiMH batteries
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 08:32 PM
motomike
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to charge NiMH batteries

GG
I didn't see where anyone answered you on that and I am not surprised. it is like the chevy/ford/dodge or evenrude/Johnson/Merc debate. lots of brand loyalty out there.

I have a Dynamite Vision Ultra which does everything I need. But I have considered that as my airplane count grows, I do wish I had a charger that could charge more than one pack at a time. If I was looking now, I'd find one that could do all the various chemistries, could charge more than one battery at a time. If I was into electric power, I'd make sure it could balance LIPOs and probably would want a temp sensor. auto discharge would make life easier as my method is to plug a resister into the pack and monitor it's voltage to get it down to 1v per cell. with auto discharge with user selectable set point. user selectable charge rate. and if you will be using the charger at the field, I'd want a charger that had dc and ac power sources as options. Another nice feature would be power cords that unplug so that if it is mostly used AC, as mine is, you would not have the DC cord hanging there and getting in the way.
I know that doesn't really answer your question, but it depends on what you need the charger to do. If you just need a basic charger, I'd recommend mine. but there are a lot of chargers out there and plenty of reviews to consider.

good luck

ORIGINAL: GallopingGhostler

Does anyone have a charger they recommend?