RCU Forums - View Single Post - My Friend’s JL New Version 1/6 F16 Has Arrived
Old 02-21-2013, 12:38 PM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: My Friend’s JL New Version 1/6 F16 Has Arrived

Hi Disco,

These T12,16,18 engines have internal ECU, valves, backlight GSU, and different sizes comparing to other turbine engines. I am sure they are not "blatantly" copying other company's turbines. In Europe there are many similar turbine engines. Are they copying each others? Turbine technology now is like Linux. The technologies used are commonly available and not copyrighted, it's a 1930 technology + some basic 1970 electronic control logics. Any one can come up with their own turbines.

My point is that it's so unfair to a Chinese company who's developing something for our jet community and got badged for being a copy cat while they have not violated patents or copyrights. I have 10 different types of turbines. they all share many similarities and minor differences. Are they all copycats?

I am strongly against any stereotypical accusation of "blatantly" copying. if they violate any patents or copyrights, then let the original owners of the design speak out and prove that their rights are violated.

I am evaluating JL products based on their innovation, performance, price, and service. So far, they have offered us RTF Vipers with engines, servos, L/G, all installed for roughly less than $5K. I think it's a great achievement in making our jets more affordable. I hope they can bring out great quality turbines and be successful with them after they've learned the art of better customer service.

Mike